Monday, November 23, 2009

Sew Many Cards design (birthday card & cake)

I made this for my daughter's 8th birthday using a SewManyCards digital stamp design. We made tie blankets & tie pillows at her party and Angela at SewManyCards custom made this "PERFECT" design for us. http://www.shop.sewmanycards.com/product.sc?productId=167&categoryId=55 I enjoy making her invites and this time I tried something new (I got the idea from another lady on SewManyCards, http://tannyps-rubbish.blogspot.com/2009/10/cardmakers-challenge.html ) I used the digital stamp design to make the card and the cake design. Just to let you know, from trying this myself, stay away from the gel icing, and I reccomend getting your icing ready before you start and invest in the stand by Wilton to hold your icing upright. I would think I was finished with the color and start with a new color and then have to try to mix and match the color again because I realized I had missed spots. UGH :( I will definately try this again but will do things a lot different. I was not as happy with this as I would have liked to be, but I plan to practice.
The brads on this card are made with an Itop from the felt that we used to make the tie blankets. I used a MS punch around the page for the scallop look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris